Pages

Jul 27, 2009

My dear laptop,

I know this e-mail might piss the crap out of you, but I couldn’t hide it anymore. There are some things I want you to know…

By how I have been treating you from last few days, you should have a fair idea that something is going on in my mind. The time when I picked you, you seemed to be pretty strong and reliable. That’s why I went ahead and let you be a part of my life – an indispensable part indeed. But only after one year you have changed. So much so, that I am sitting here writing this letter to you.

You have lost all the things that attracted me to you. Your nine cell battery is dead now. You don’t even have back up for a minute. So you are no more portable. I can’t take you anywhere, cz you need to be plugged into the wall all the time. Not only that, you don’t even look the same anymore. The cover for the dvd player has come off. It looks like you have lost a body part. Even if I ignore that, I still miss other things about you.

Like, I miss pressing your left click button! I still remember the day when I pressed it for the last time and it got stuck – never returned to its original position after that. Even today my eyes become teary when I look at that stuck button. I also miss the days when you didn’t have mood swing issues. Do you remember the time when I could just do what I wanted to, run several applications at the same time, and visit ten different web pages? And you… you never had a problem. You were fast and capable of handling all the surprises. But now – you PMS! You throw random bloodhound detection warnings on me. And how can I forget your rude “Out of Disk Space” warning?

And what was up with temporarily effing up my ‘F’ key last month?

What is your deal?

All I want to say is that I still love you. And I want us to be happy together, once again. Just like how we were in the beginning. Tell me baby, what can I do to fix it?

Love.