Oct 24, 2011
Sep 30, 2011
Sep 27, 2011
- Be nice to people, but don't try to please everyone. Accept it, no matter how hard you try, you will still piss someone off.
- Stay healthy.
- Live minimistically - don’t gather what you don't need. It will only clutter your life and stress you out. Get rid of things you don't use.
- Get enough sleep. Every night.
- Get up few minutes earlier so you don’t have to rush like a mad man. Enjoy your mornings even if you are not a morning person. This makes the day go by easier.
- Surround yourself with happy and positive people.
- Organize your life, living space and working space.
- Ask for help when you need it.
- Always be honest with yourself.
- Smile often, even to complete strangers.
- If you hate doing it, stop it.
- Apologize when you should.
- Write things down.
- Be curious. Learn something new.
- Don’t be afraid to explore.
- Don’t text and drive. Don’t drink and drive.
- Spend time with people you love and people who love you.
- Exercise every day - A good work out or a long walk can fix a lot of things!
- Let go of things you can’t change. Concentrate on things you can.
- Follow your heart. Don’t waste your life fulfilling someone else’s dreams and desires.
- Take it slow and add up all your small victories.
- However good or bad a situation is now, it will change. Accept this simple fact.
- Mature, but don’t grow up too fast.
- Realize that you’re never quite as right as you think you are.
- Know that to err is human. You are no exception.
Sep 26, 2011
Sep 21, 2011
Most of our major decisions in life are influenced by one factor - fear. And most of us would not agree at first. But think about it:
The most common rant I hear is about work -- You have a sucky job that you hate and it's making your life miserable. Every morning you wake up and dread the fact that in a few hours you will be at a battle field, your workplace. But you don't do anything about it. You don't quit. You don't talk to your boss. All you do is come home and rant about how your life has become so miserable.
Your reasons - 'oh the economy is so bad', 'there are no jobs out there', ' they are not hiring internationals' etc etc. But be honest for a moment, and ask yourself - 'what am i scared of' and 'what would I do if I was not scared'. Suddenly you have a million options. Things you like and things that you love. World is suddenly a better place!
While growing up, we have fancy goals. Some want to be astronauts, others want to start the next Google. Or actress, dancers, artists, pilots and what not. Why? Cz we are fearless. Simple cz we dont know the consequences or may be we don't care about them. A child would never learn to walk, if he was scared of falling. You and I will never enjoy the rain, if we were scared of getting wet. Humans would have not invented anything if they were scared of failing. How would life be if we all were scared? Not very pretty.
Next time you are at the edge, push yourself. Don't be scared of falling off the cliff. And see where you land. You will be amazed!
Ask yourself 'what would you do if you were not scared?'