Pages

Nov 12, 2009

What a week, what a day!

I started my day an hour late today. Obviously everyone can tell cz it's a bad hair day - On a Thursday, I am dressed like it's Friday. Skipped breakfast. Not a good feeling! And to top it all, the minute I entered my office, my boss asked me to attend a day-long training. Another training = more expectation! And what's not fun is that I have no background of what the training is about. But the good thing is that we got barbecue for lunch from Rib Cribs. Which obviously called for another shot of coffee dark as tar – and I absolutely don’t mind that.

You don't love me anymore - I am saying this cz I noticed a sudden drop in the number of e-mails I get in my personal inbox. All I get is the subscribed e-mails. Why don't you send me a note sometime :-) I still love you; I just don't have internet connection at home. But if you e-mail me, I promise I will reply to it as soon as I can.

This is the second time I have lost my blog draft (final draft) just cz I wasn't smart enough to save it. It is pretty darn annoying! Why do I even use Notepad to draft my blogs? And while I write this, what do I see? I am using notepad again. Wait let me switch to MS Word. OK. So when I say notepad, I am not talking about the old plain notepad; instead, I am talking about notepad++. Which is pretty cool. You can paste your plain text and it formats the test in your chosen language (programming language that is, like java, C, C++, C#, VB, XML or any other language you can think of). I just use the plain text setting for blogs. Plus of doing this is that there is no carry over formatting to the blogger. You will know what I am talking about if you try pasting something from word to blogger.

Did I mention about this hilarious e-mail that I sent to a client? I wrote (text changed):
‘Hey Paul,
I can’t reproduce the problem on our domain. We might have to come up with a work around. I fyou want, call me and we can discuss this.
Thanks,
Sowm’
This is what happens when you don’t proof your e-mails. I didn’t realize this until a coworker pointed this out. ALWAYS double check your e-mails, before you hit the send button.

This Sunday, I watched ‘London Dreams’ – ridiculously ridiculous rubbish! Anyways, so in the theater bathroom, I met with an accident (actually my phone did). It slipped from my hand, fell on the rim of the commode, and broke in three pieces – front, battery and the back cover. The front part fell on the ground and the battery and the back cover went down the flush right in front of my eyes. Now you know why I use a cheap phone. Good thing, I had an extra phone at home :-)

Can’t wait for this day/week to get over!