Pages

Oct 24, 2010

Welcome home Diego!

Fear of animals that I talked about in my last post, is a complicated emotion. So there are some animals I find cute and I want to go pet them and play with them. But there are some that I absolutely cant stand. For an example - I like dogs. But of course since they are not human beings, I am a little scared. But cats, or birds on the other hand - I can not stand them. At all. I respect the fact that they exist and make an important part of the ecosystem but I do not want them in my surroundings.

But just like always, life happens and we end up with things we think we can't handle. And perform surprisingly well :) Something similar happened to me --


Diego' first day of existence for me was when a coworker told me that he found an abandoned puppy who needed a home. I had been wanting to try my hand on a pet for a while. I have a fish at work which I inherited from my ex-boss, but that’s about it. I thought may be its time I fight my fear and do some good. And bonus is that it will save a life. It was just good timing and everything fell in place. I brought Diego home :)
He's a black pug - don’t know how old cz I have no details of his history, may be just a full grown puppy. And he is a good kid! Now all he has to do is to learn the rules of the house - not jump on the bed or couch, not jump at people and he will be perfect!
Since we are both strong minded individuals, we are having fun adjusting to each other. And since I am bigger than him, I usually win Buahahaha. We have a loooong way to go still...


Oh, why do I call him Diego you ask. Two reasons --
  1. I love San Diego and I have gathered great memories from that place/time, learned some important lessons, made some good friends and had a great time at probably otherwise a difficult time of my life

  2. Diego - the cute (saber toothed) tiger - from Ice Age
Here begins a new phase. And I like it!